Thursday, April 22, 2010

DJ Mongo presents Mongo's Drum'n'Bass Mix #4


click to download

Back to the old skool... back to your roots...

Well this might not be quite back to the old school but it's definitely a trip down memory lane. I recently came across an old drum'n'bass mix from the days when I lived, ate and breathed at 170bpm. With my partner in crime Phibre we dreamt of taking over the world armed with a killer snare and a junglist vibe. While our visions of grandeur were somewhat hijacked by Pendulum, their hybrid guitar'n'bass'n'crap sound and a maturation of our sonic palette, quality D'n'B is always guaranteed to get my feet steppin' and the fist a'pumping.


This here is a mix I did back in 2004 on a pair of crappy 1200s and a jaded Nu-Mark mixer. Starts off with a bit of a reggae vibe that slides nicely into some tunes from the golden era of jungle only to be shattered by some hard crunching sounds towards the end (not quite Speaker Wrath hard but tough enough for me). The mixing's not too tight and the sound quality is a bit scratchy but I think it'll go nicely in the car stereo or as a soundtrack for a long run...

btw if you're wondering where mixes # 1-3 are... so am I. Who knows - maybe they'll show up sometime soon...

Tracklist:

01 Reggae Superstar – Unknown
02 Drop It Down – Calibre
03 Li-Li - Scorpio
04 Truly One  - Origin Unknown
05 Warning (Remix) - Firefox & 4 Tree
06 Brown Paper Bag - Roni Size & Reprazent
07 Sleepwalk - Photek
08 Dude (DJ Zinc Remix) - Beenie Man
09 Tricks - Gridlock
10 Dreadlock - Future Prophecies
11 Headhunter - Calyx
12 Warpath - Universal Project
13 Lightweight - Total Science
14 Dread Come to Conquer - Twisted Anger
15 Science - Ganja Kru

Special thanks to Clinton for the many years of supplying me super sweet vinyl and soulbridgemedia for the photo so that I can have my ugly mug appearing on the screens of your iphones...

click to download

No comments:

Post a Comment